Monday, April 20, 2009

Reflection

1. What have you learned since September in Canadian Studies? (Or since you started to take the class)
I learned a lot in Canadian Studies.I learned the provinces and territories of Canada. I learned how to make maple leaves and the animals in Canada.The most important is that I learned how to communicate with my classmates better in Canadian Studies.I noticed team work is really important for every students who wants to do works well. I also learned how to make concept map which helps me to study well.
I learned Native Peoples and topography,too.We made PPT to show our understanding in Canadian Studies.I really enjoyed studying in Canadian Studies because I not only learned the knowledge but also I learned how to work well with others
Thanks so much Ms.Chan
2. What is the most memorable lesson you remember? (if you weren't here, maybe at another school)
Business Education is the most memorable lesson I remember. We should created a new company by ourselves in Business Education. I worked with 6 students to create a clothing company which called Purple Rose. I was the leader in this group so I should did more than others. I learned a lot hen we did this project.I noticed it's really hard to solve some problems and it's really difficult to communicate with others. I did mostly a hundred pages of PPT by myself. I still can remember my feeling when I finished this project. I tried my best to do this project. Purple Rose like my baby because I spend lots of time to work on that and make it perfect.
3. Think about your life as a student here since September. Have you changed? How?
I changed a lot in this school. Before I came to this school I didn't know how to study English better. I was studied all the time before I came to this school so I always complained of my life and school at that time.Fortunately,I noticed as a student we can have a really meaningful life. We should find more works to do by ourselves because we should get more experiences before we get into University. My life is really relaxing now although sometimes I felt tired. I think I become more mature than before. Last semester I got really good mark in each subject,but in this semester I can't promise I can get a really good mark in the end.Every subject is not very easy to take and I should put more time in studying and do more practices.
After I had a travel in Canada I think I learned more about life and I change my opinion of studying.
4. What is your goal for yourself by June? What is your plan to study?
My goal is to get an A in both Canadian Studies and English 10.I knew I don't get a good mark in English 10 this afternoon. I felt really upset,but I don't want to complain.I noticed that I still not
work so hard and I don't try my best to do well. I don't want to lose my confidence to study well. I will study harder and harder. My plan is that I will read more English books and stories to practice myself. I will do more works than others every day. I don't want to compare with others I just want to compare with myself in the past. I think I still not find a good way to study so I will try to find it.
5. What are you most proud of in school since September? Have you done your best?
I really proud of myself because I got a high mark in Business Education. I worked really hard in Business Education last semester. I tried my best to learn more and practice more every day. At first I didn't know anything of business. I didn't know what is PEST or Management Theory before I took this subject,but after one semester I learned a lot. I know what should people do before they want to create a new company. I learned how to manage people better. I can't say I really good at business but I can say I know that. I think the final project of business is one that I really put all of my power in it.
Bonus
Ms.Chan,
Thanks so much to teach me. I learned a lot from you. I know you want to all of your students to get a really good mark in the end. I'm sorry that I wasn't doing well. At the beginning of this semester I really wanted to get a really good mark although it's really hard for everyone.
After I knew my mark of this term I felt really sad and I really wanted to cry but I didn't do it. You told me this subject it's hard to get a high mark but I still felt sad. I didn't know why.
I don't want to give up tring best because I still want to get a high mark in the end of this semester. I really need you help.
Thanks
Helen

5 comments:

  1. You can get a high mark. You know what to do.

    1. Do Reading Log EVERYDAY (even for Saturday and Sunday)
    2. Sing English Songs EVERYDAY
    3. Speak English to EVERYONE EVERYWHERE
    4. REVIEW EVERYDAY
    5. PRACTICE the EXAMS!
    6. Come see me when you need help.
    7. Try to read without your dictionary.
    8. Review vocabulary

    Don't feel sad. Being sad for a little while is acceptable. However, you really need to work hard for your goal. Don't let a number stop you from being the best you can be! If you be the best you can be, you are able to get a high mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you are getting a high mark. It is just not as high as you want it to be.

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,Ms.Chan.
    I don't want to give up so I will try my best.
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome.

    Helen,

    You are a shining star! :P

    You are a super smart shining star! Don't let a number make you lose your shine! I always believe in you. I am always here for you. I see how much you can achieve.

    Remember? UBC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms.Chan,
    UBC is in my mind all the time.It's my goal and dream.
    Thanks for believing me.

    ReplyDelete