Monday, May 4, 2009

THE FOUNDING OF NEW FRANCE

1. Find a map of the St. Lawrence River. Explain what you see in the picture in 3-5 sentences.


I see St. Lawrence River is between in the Canada and the United States.Lake Ontario is besides to the St. Lawrence River. Kingston is the beginning of St. Lawrence seaway. I see St. Lawrence River is not very wild as other rivers. In the middle of St. Lawrence River I can see Montreal,Trois-Rivieres and Quebec.



2. Find a photograph of the St. Lawrence River you like. Explain what you see in the picture in 3-5 sentences.







I like this photograph because the colour of that is very nice and charming. I see a bridge in this picture which on the St. Lawrence River .It looks very artistic. I see some buildings in the riverside which makes the St. Lawrence River looks warm. The river looks frozen in this photography which still keep the beauty of itself.



3. Why did Champlain choose to use a river for transportation? Explain in 3-5 sentences.



Because the lake is naturally connected to the St. Lawrence Seaway via the Richelieu River. In the past boats are the most convenience transportation.Choosing a river for transportation is a good way to explore and it can helps them save more time.The river that Champlain used is the shortest distance to the destination.As the Internet show,In 1824 the Champlain Canal was completed, connecting the Lake to the Hudson River, and in 1843, the Chambly Canal opened to provide safe passage around the Richelieu River’s rapids.



4. Find a picture of Champlain's habitation at Quebec. Explain what you see in 5-8 sentences.


I see a great castle which is Champlain's habitation at Quebec. As this picture reveals this the present situation of his habitation because there are some high-rise buildings behind and near his habitation. I can see the habitation of Champlain's is in a top of a mountain. I can see sea in this picture which shows the good environment that the Champlain's habitation has. The habitation of him is very big and spectacular. I also see a boat in the sea in this picture.There are some mountains behind Champlain's habitation.






5. The fort was a natural fort because Quebec had towering cliffs.a.Find a picture of towering cliffs in Quebec. Search in Google using "Quebec and towering cliffs".






b. Why are the cliffs a natural fort? Explain in 3-5 sentences.


Because the cliffs are natural protection. When the natural disasters coming people always go to cliffs to take refuge.There are no high buildings near the cliffs,so it's good for people to stay when the earthquake comes. Cliffs can offer a nice place for people.


6. What did you learn today? Explain in 5-8 sentences.


I learned a lot today. I learned why river can be a transportation during exploration and how does it can help people.I also learned the reason of cliffs is a natural fort. I searched it in the Internet before I asked teacher.Unfortunately,I find nothing of that. After I asked teacher for helping I got the reason.


In English10,I learned a lot,too. At first class we did the same work as usual-do the reading log. At the second class we discuss the novel"to Kill a Mocking Bird" with our partner. It was hard to answer all the question perfectly that the teacher gave us.Fortunately,we finished question after discussed and asked teacher.


Bonus1. There is a moat around Champlain's habitation. Why is that important?

If people want to kidnap the other people who live behind the moat. It's hard for them to kidnap because they should spend lots of time to cross over the moat.

2. Can you find a picture of a moat? Post it.



No comments:

Post a Comment